Thursday, December 31, 2015

Resolutions

Week 21


I am not one to make New Year's Resolutions. I'm not against them or against anybody who does. It just isn't something that I have put much value in. For some people, it works really well. Either way, it is important for all of us to strive for goals. We should aim to be better. 

For me, I can aim to have goals to improve myself as a husband, father, teacher, coach, friend, and disciple of Christ. I don't usually make a list, but once in a while I ought to. Recently I met with Uncle Kenny (as myself and all of the teaching team members do twice a year). We talk about life - work, family, and ministry. What is going well. What needs improvement. 

Since this blog is all about marriage, let me focus on that aspect of resolutions. Every marriage resolutions would look different. For me, I will try to be more present in my wife's presence. Not to be as distracted by other things (work, technology, sports, etc.) when we do have alone time. While watching the movie Home (which we watch a ton), I notice a song by Rihanna (voice star of the movie) called Only Girl. "Want you to make me feel like I'm the only girl in the world." For me, that is a resolution I have for myself. To treat my wife like she deserves. So that Whitney will feel special and loved always. 

As you reflect on your young marriage, maybe you can come up with one goal for how to improve as a husband. 


It is easy to fall in love

It takes work to plan a wedding

It takes a lifetime to build a marriage

No comments:

Post a Comment