Friday, May 13, 2016

The Hardest Thing...

Week 35


Marriage isn't easy. One thing that doesn't make it easy is the vulnerability. Many of us are pretty guarded, so this idea of completely opening up yourself (mind, body, and soul) to another person can be a challenge.

One thing that makes me vulnerable is admitting when I am in the wrong. I pride myself (key word - PRIDE) on feeling like I am right a high percentage of the time. But there are definitely times I know I am in the wrong. And even some times I don't necessarily think I am in the wrong - but I still have to suck up some pride and admit fault.

Asking for forgiveness and admitting you are wrong is one of the hardest things about any relationship. Doing this in a marriage is incredibly critical to the health of the marriage. Our stubbornness can get in the way. But that stubbornness will get in the way of a deep and stronger marriage. Don't let it.

It is easy to fall in love

It takes work to plan a wedding

It takes a lifetime to build a marriage

No comments:

Post a Comment