Week 8
"But among you there must not even be a hint of sexual immorality..."
One of the best ways you can honor your spouse, yourself, and your God is with your character. A big part of character is how you act in times when you think you can "get away with it." But like scripture suggests, don't even let a hint get in.
One thing that men have been getting away with from the dawn of time is what they talk about when the wife is not around. When guys get together, it usually gravitates to talking about women really quickly. Whether it is women you know, celebrities, or a stranger walking down the street - it is pretty common conversation for men.
I work with guys that talk about other women when given the chance. These are good guys. Some are longtime Christian guys. These are also married guys. I think there should be no room in a married man's heart to "look, but don't touch." No room for sarcastic or inappropriate comments about women. The way we talk about other women may never directly get back to your wife. But those thoughts and comments come with a price. It opens the door of a man's heart to consider things that they shouldn't.
I'm not perfect. I certainly have looked a little too long or had thoughts in my head that were unpure about other women. I'm sure every guy is guilty of that.
It takes a constant effort to honor my wife, myself, and my God. That means keeping tabs on wandering eyes. Not turning back the channel. Not participating in certain talks with friends and co-workers. Trying to do whatever I can to not even let a hint get in.
No comments:
Post a Comment