Monday, March 7, 2016

Work and Marriage

Week 29

I love my job. It doesn't mean I love every day of work. In general, I love my career. Contrary to what some might believe, a teacher's job is pretty busy. I find myself doing work at home or staying late in my classroom often during the year. This means time away from other things - including my wife. 

It is important to know that Whitney supports me in my career. It is also important for me to do the same for her when she is ready to work outside the house. Even though I do enjoy what I do, I love time with Whitney much more. But I do have a responsibility to do my job well. That involves a level of sacrifice on both of our parts. I know Whitney has my back. It is important that I have her back too as she someday pursues a career as a birth coach. 

A healthy balance of investing in your career while never letting it jeopardize your marriage is important. If/when a career gets in the way of building a healthier marriage, a change must be made. Nothing related to your job is more important than your spouse. Don't ever let her question where your passion really lies. 

It is easy to fall in love

It takes work to plan a wedding

It takes a lifetime to build a marriage

No comments:

Post a Comment