Week 33
Personally, I hope my daughters NEVER become cheerleaders. I will do whatever it takes to make sure it doesn't happen. But there is something that comes sort of natural with many young girls that makes them want to be a cheerleader. Is it the outfit? The attention? The friendships? The jumping and dancing? I don't know. But whatever it is, there are a lot of them out there.
Male cheerleaders aren't looked on too fondly by most guys. But the college cheerleaders are incredibly ripped and they get to be up close and personal with some good looking girls. Not the worst place to be.
In general, men are not natural cheerleaders. We are better at complaining, being pessimistic (or realistic as I see it), making a game plan, and problem-solving. I have found that in marriage, my wife needs me to be a cheerleader for her at times.
She needs to know I have her back and can encourage her no matter what. It doesn't come natural to me, but I know it is so important to Whitney to have words of encouragement - even when everything inside of me wants to say what I "really" think.
Fight the urge to be negative. Use uplifting words when she is trying something new or working toward a difficult goal. Be a cheerleader...for her and for your marriage.
Male cheerleaders aren't looked on too fondly by most guys. But the college cheerleaders are incredibly ripped and they get to be up close and personal with some good looking girls. Not the worst place to be.
In general, men are not natural cheerleaders. We are better at complaining, being pessimistic (or realistic as I see it), making a game plan, and problem-solving. I have found that in marriage, my wife needs me to be a cheerleader for her at times.
She needs to know I have her back and can encourage her no matter what. It doesn't come natural to me, but I know it is so important to Whitney to have words of encouragement - even when everything inside of me wants to say what I "really" think.
Fight the urge to be negative. Use uplifting words when she is trying something new or working toward a difficult goal. Be a cheerleader...for her and for your marriage.
No comments:
Post a Comment