Week 5
"And so the greatest gift you can give to your marriage is for you to develop a real relationship with Jesus Christ."- John Elderidge, Love and War
That John Elderidge quote is one of many things that I really enjoyed from a book that he and his wife wrote called Love and War. It was a really great book about marriage. Whitney and I did a marriage group where a group of couples read and discussed the book together. Lots of great takeaways for all of us during that time.
Great marriages have existed even without faith. On the other end, there are Christian couples that end in complete failure. But from my experiences, I completely support the quote at the top. As my relationship with and understanding of Jesus has increased - I become a better man in many areas. As a teacher, coach, son, father...and especially as a husband.
Give your wife this gift and it will strengthen your marriage. It will help increase the chances to not only last, but to have a rich marriage. A growing relationship with Christ will show you how to better love, offer grace, ask for forgiveness, pray for each other, serve one another, and serve others. These are all things that will make a marriage into a fortress of solid ground.
In my opinion, one effective way to strengthen your faith as individuals and as a couple is to experience a Koiononia weekend retreat. Every fall and spring they have them. Whitney and I would love to sponsor you and Lindsy on Koinonia when you are ready. When you go through it at the right time, it is a great way to strengthen your relationship with God and build your character to be more like Jesus. Just a little something to put in the back of your mind...
No comments:
Post a Comment