Week 3
"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
-Ecclesiastes 4:12
The Bible is filled with all kinds of instances of the number three. But I won't go through a biblical study of a number. Something more relevant is the concept that you aren't alone in marriage...or at least you shouldn't be.
It got a little screwed up, but I liked the concept of the sand at your ceremony. His, Hers, and Ours. The idea that your life, Lindsy's life, and everything else (your families, God, your past, etc.) are all combined in the process of marriage.
This invitation to God into the marriage is a decision that is made on a daily basis. I know I have to do that often. When I don't, my own sinful habits get in the way of what marriage is supposed to look like.
When sin kicks in, people don't view their spouse as a son/daughter of God. They stop thinking of their marriage as a sacrament. They forget about their vows and promises. And they neglect the idea that marriage is strongest as a group of three.
No comments:
Post a Comment